QR Codes: A Quick Response for Growing Your Business
Have you seen the giant square bar codes appearing on everything from magazine ads to restaurant tables? Known as Quick Response (QR) codes, they are a bridge between traditional marketing and the online world. They let your customers and potential customers instantly learn more about your products or services and respond to you in real time. And, the best part is that the response is completely measurable, so you can determine what’s most effective in driving new sales.
The need for contactless payment during the pandemic certainly drove the spike in QR code use, but since nearly every smartphone camera has the capability to easily recognize QR codes, QR code usage continues to climb.
According to a report from Business Insider, smartphone users scanned 83.4 million QR codes in 2022, and this number is projected to grow to more than 99.5 million annually by 2025. With such wide and growing use, it’s no wonder that businesses and marketers alike have developed new ways to utilize QR codes to drive engagement and enhance the customer experience.
QR codes allow clients to get access to more detailed information, and are currently used in the following ways:
- Used on television ads to allow you to get more information about a product or service.
- Displayed on restaurant tables to get you access to an online menu.
- Placed on business cards to bring interested clients straight to your website.
- Used in place of business cards, all customers have to do is scan the code.
- Plastered on public transportation for commuters.
- Used on For Sale signs so that real estate agents can give interested people more information on a house.
- Displayed on company vehicles to give people stuck in traffic a chance to learn about a company.
- Bridge the online and offline worlds by having QR Codes placed on print ads, window displays, direct mail, business cards or anywhere your message is printed.
If you’re looking for a great way to spread awareness about your company or tell your story, QR codes might be your answer.
Published on: June 9, 2023