Five quick Memorial Day posts for social media
Memorial Day is this weekend. Amid all the celebration of the unofficial start of summer, don’t miss the opportunity to educate your community about the true meaning of this day of remembrance. And don’t confuse it with Veteran’s Day, there is a difference between the two.
Here are five engaging posts to repurpose across your social media channels on the last Monday in May. We wanted to make it easy for you to get out of the office on time Friday (and avoid a #MemorialDayFail.)
1. This #MemorialDay we honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country and to their families. #WeRemember
2. Memorial Day is a great day to enjoy time with friends and family, but the holiday has a deeper meaning. #WeRemember those who gave their lives for our freedom.
3. For our freedoms: freedom of speech, freedom to worship, freedom to assemble, freedom to petition, freedom of the press and more. On #MemorialDay, we remember those who gave their lives, so we could live free.
4. While it is always appropriate to thank those who serve our country, let’s not confuse Memorial Day with Veteran’s Day. Today we remember those who died in service to our country. #WeRemember #MemorialDay
5. Home of the free, because of the brave. On #MemorialDay, we honor and remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. [Downloadable image, photo credit media.defense.gov]:
Here is the post we will be using this weekend, feel free to use it or share it from our feed.
Published on: May 21, 2019