Top 5 Social Media Tips
During our 25 years of business, we have had to adjust and adapt to our ever-changing world. A major change in our industry has come in the form of social media.
We’ve created many social platforms for our clients such as websites and blogs, as well as social profiles on sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Here are 5 important tips to keep in mind when it comes to your social media:
1. Keep content focus on your audience, not yourself. It’s very easy to get caught up in creating social media content that we believe we would like to see. However, we are not aiming to please our social media tastes; the goal is to strike a chord with the target audience. So always ask yourself, “Will this message engage my target audience?”
2. Each platform is different. It’s important to not only ensure that your setup correctly and within the guidelines of each platform but to tailor your social media message to the specific audience. For example, your Facebook audience may need a different message than your Twitter.
3. Engage with your audience. Once your content is on social media, it’s important to keep track of activity from your audience and interact with both positive and negative feedback.
4. Appeal to all types of people & how they like to engage. Some people are readers, while others are visual or auditory. Have a good mix of these, including short and longer messages for people who would like to learn more about a topic.
5. Repurpose. Repurposing content can help you stay top of mind and not lose out on possible engagements with your target audience. Posts and content go by the wayside as fast as you can create it, so potential readers may not see it the first time around. Repurposing the content will give you a second shot at catching their attention and maximize the effort you are putting into the creation.
Published on: December 26, 2013
Berks County Resident and Communications Professional Kristin Boyd Edwards Receives National Recognition