Holiday Shipping Made Easier
The holiday season is in full swing, which means plenty of mail and packages are being sent around the world. According to USPS 2011 statistics, 16.5 billion letters, cards and packages are sent between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
If you find yourself sending a lot of mail this holiday season, and you use the United States Postal Service or UPS, then this week’s apps of the week may be perfect for you.
- Look up any zip code for any U.S. address.
- Calculate pricing for the postage of whatever you need to ship, whether it be a letter, package or large envelope.
- Use the tracking tool to see where your deliveries are and if they will make it on time.
- You can schedule next-day pickup.
- You can order materials such as boxes and envelopes to be delivered to your door.
- Locate the nearest post office, kiosk or collection box to you with hours and directions.
- Track your packages and any freight shipments.
- Find the UPS location nearest to you.
- Create shipping labels for your packages.
- sync your tracks across devices using your account.
- Get quotes on your shipment.
These apps allow you to keep track of everything you need in order to make sure the items you are sending or receiving arrive on time and at the correct location. The holidays can bring chaos to the shipping world, but with these apps, things can be made a little easier on everyone.
Published on: December 4, 2013