Navigating School Communications in a Politically Charged Era
Thank you for joining us on Thursday, April 28 for School PR Day 2022! We hope you enjoyed our presentation. Our speakers Janet Swiecichowski, APR and Chelsea Janke are available to answer questions that we were not able to get to. Feel free to contact either of them.
Did you miss our session? Take a look! (Note: You will need a login so if you are not registered go to https://www.schoolprday.com/register to get your access code.)
Resources from the Presentation
- How Politics are Straining Parent-School Relationships (EdWeek – 12 min. read)
- Heineken Ad #OpenYourWorld (YouTube – 4:25 min. watch)
- Get to Know Your Neighborhoods (Census.gov)
- 2020 US Election Map (NYTimes Interactive Map)
- EY Future Consumer Index
- Crucial Conversations for Dialogue
- The World Cafe
- Study Circles
- Things We Can and Can’t Control
- A Search for Common Ground by Frederick Hess and Pedro Noguera
- Uncommon Ground Podcast by Van Jones
- With the People by Kettering Foundation
- E911.com by Jim Lukaszewski, APR
- Culture Shock Joanna Massey (TedTalk Video 14:22 min)
Sign Up for Our Education Newsletters
Subscribe to this if you are a school PR professional or work in a private school, school district or school-affiliated organization and wish to receive educational content regarding communications, marketing and technology to assist with these efforts.
Subscribe to this if you a Superintendent, Head of School or wish to enroll your leader from a private school, school district or school-affiliated organization to receive educational content.