Plan for your Brand
What is your brand vision? Do you see your logo on TV, or the side of a bus? Is it in kitchens across the country or do you want to click on it as an App on an smart phone?
Whatever your vision, a plan is what you need to get you there. Why?
1. It forces you to document your vision, so it’s easier to share it with other people.
2. It puts you through the process of defining the necessary steps to achieving the end result, so you have a roadmap.
3. It’s a good place to note any roadblocks or challenges that you think might arise, so you’re ready to get around them.
4. It gives your team direction and a strategy for reaching the goals that are set for them.
5. It helps your team see the bigger picture and the positive impact it will have on them and the company as a whole.
When writing your brand plan, be sure to:
1. Define your target market, “brand voice” and key messages, so your entire team is saying the same thing in the same way.
2. Include revenue goals as well as vision goals and put a budget to it.
3. Include marketing campaigns and strategies, including social media, sponsorships, cause marketing, and advertising.
4. Make a task list and timeline for implementation.
5. Include a schedule for monthly reviews and status reports, so you can adjust the plan if it isn’t working.
Getting a vision of your brand plan on paper is necessary for achieving the vision in your head, so take the time to chart a course for reaching for the stars.
Published on: October 16, 2013