5 Point Website Inspection
Save money and retain your audience with a few simple website maintenance tips. How we navigate the web is evolving rapidly, assuring your website is optimized for the mobile user, latest SEO guidelines and user experience (UX) will help drive and keep traffic.
Hear are 5 Points of Inspection to review and maintain to keep your website up to date and healthy.
- Review the design of your website every couple years to insure it is following the latest user experience trends and SEO practices. Awwwards the website design and developer competition has a great to start to a list of UX trends to look for in your website this year.
- Visit your website and put yourself in the mindset of a prospect and client. Try navigating towards what you want them to know about your business and complete any calls to action like a form request, or contact us. Was it easy? Another great way to consider the user behavior is by reviewing your Google Analytics account (Site Content) to see where users are navigating most often from both mobile and desktop devices and assure those pages are optimized (easy to use) on all devices.
- Test your website from a smart phone. Are users able to click and call you, easily submit a form and navigate the menu options? Does the mobile site provide key messages/services clearly and quickly?
- Refresh your content bi-weekly for better optimization. Keep in mind video content counts.
- Test your site speed and work with your web host to resolve any issues.
If your website requires maintenance on all of the above upon your first inspection, it may be time for a new website. Be sure to partner with a communication and technology expert, like CEL to insure your website gets the full service package.
Published on: June 8, 2016