UPDATE: Application submission closing date Wednesday, April 24th, 2013.
CEL Public Relations is a full service marketing and public relations firm passionately committed to the betterment of business, family and the community. There is an entrepreneurial spirit within our firm and we offer a supportive environment for pushing creative limits, learning new skills, voicing ideas, and being involved in a wide range of projects.
We are seeking an intern who is organized, pays attention to details, is able to multi-task, and has an interest in working in the communications and online marketing field. The ability to work both independently and as a team member is key. Being resourceful, a quick learner and an ability to keep up in this fast-paced industry are essential and vital for this internship.
- Must be proficient with Mac platform with an understanding of Windows compatibility.
- Competent using Microsoft Office including all software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Technical and social media savvy.
- Well versed with the Creative Suite software (Photoshop and Indesign especially).
- Has previous experience with blogs, blog writing, posting and the WordPress platform.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Steady and reliable form of transportation.
- Can think strategically.
- Has a desire to be an active contributor and participant in the industry.
Opportunities to Experience During Internship:
- Manage, track and maintain marketing and customer databases.
- Answering phones, managing calendars and tracking.
- Provide support and assistance to CEL staff.
- Assistance to staff on client services and projects while helping manage ongoing online marketing campaigns.
- Working alongside full-time employees to share goals and responsibilities.
- Receive hands-on brand, advertising, online marketing, strategic planning and design related experiences.
- Gain experience from collaborators on a variety of online marketing tactics including Search Engine Optimization and Web Development.
- Develop transferable skills and contribute to our high-performance culture.
- Receive valuable performance feedback.
- Build upon your educational background as you sharpen your overall business skills and put your project management skills into practice.
- Go behind the scenes and be involved in key branding fundamentals including: campaign creation, blog theming and development, online marketing and promotions.
- Researching and creating social content including gathering photos, videos, blog writing, assisting in putting together editorial calendars and content.
- Perform continuous enhancements and modifications to social media pages.
- Record and monitor digital performance using online tools and tracking.
- Monitor the internet for trending topics, news and make recommendations on how to best leverage the information for CEL and our clients.
Interested individuals should have a pattern of excellence within their current curriculum, previous job experiences and be able to show the desire to move forward in the industry. This is a 6-month full time internship opportunity with the possibility of it leading to a staff position.
To apply for the internship, please send the desired items below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume w/ references
- Current college enrollment, degree and courses completed
- An original blog post written and optimized that has never been used online.
- Explanation of practical knowledge and use that you feel would give you a leg up in the industry.
- Examples of online marketing experience, postings and/or work you have taken part in.
- Where you saw the internship posting.